Is your yoga class accessible to someone who is of a larger body size and/or neurodivergent and/or has fibromyalgia, which includes chronic pain and mobility issues? Would you like to learn how you can make your class accessible? Are you looking to adapt your current curriculum to reach more students? Are you hoping to share the benefits of yoga without hype or inaccurate information?
What is the audit looking for?
- Gender inclusive, body positive, ability positive, neurotype positive language.
- Language and cues that are accessible to neurodivergent, disabled, or chronically ill (or some combination of these) students
- Sensory issues with background music, color scheme, filming, etc.
This audit includes:
- Going through your class video as a student would to determine its level, accessibility issues, and whether it can be completed by a disabled individual.
- Providing a detailed follow-up indicating what can be made better and how the class can be more accessible.
- Honest feedback as to whether your teaching would include neurodivergent and/or individuals with fibromyalgia and/or chronic pain and/or mobility issues.
What you will need to provide?
- A clear video of your class, and if you have concerns about the environment, the studio location including mentions of any scents, music, lighting, and class area.
- Information about what type of class this is, who it is designed for, and your expectations for those within the class.
How long does the audit take? I endeavor to complete all audits within 3-5 business days.
How will I receive the feedback? I will provide written information, as well as a video explaining what I found and my suggestions.
There are no reviews yet.